Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011

because everyone has something to say about 2010

new years day is overrated.

though I love to reflect about things and so the end of a year is a very welcome occasion for me to look back. well not that its very interesting for anyone but as I said I love to take a look in the past...and to write about that, well... yesss regretting things, thinking of things I should have done better or should not have done anyway but as well things that I still think of with a smile. I am not gonna write about those though. at the moment I am rather trying to think of the way music determined my year 2010.

there is no way putting things into any order due to my chaos-brain so I start with what first comes to my mind.

beirut - elephant gun - one of the songs I listened to a lot during our interrail trip in summer, reminds me of summer nights in barcelona and days on the train
the big pink - velvet - also not from 2010 but also a song I couldn't stop listening to, especially when being on the edge of feeling totally lost
arcade fire - we used to wait - because instead of acting I never stop waiting ...
the drums - it will all end in tears - drama drama
shout out louds - show me something new - made me wanna go forward
jónsi - kolni
ður - heard it first at the concert in berlin, overwhelming!
tocotronic - die folter endet nie - jaja und von heute an leben wir ewig, ich liebe sie einfach für ihre plakativen hymnenartigen texte
fm belfast - underwear - in this whole mix of mostly rather not-so-happy-music I had fm belfast who always managed to cheer me up and get me into dancing mood
foals - spanish sahara - that's a massive piece of music, caught me instantly and didn't let me go so fast
the jesus and mary chain - the hardest walk - so old, but since london in feb one of the songs I like the most of JAMC
und zum schluss noch die neigungsgruppe - taximusik - wie oft bin ich nachts durch wien gegangen/gefahren und hab mir das lautstark ins hirn gedröhnt (und ja ich merke dass ich von englisch ins deutsche switche) und mich gleichzeitig verloren und doch so lebendig gefühlt.

2010 was full of music and how surprinsingly that I guess 2011 will be as well. I feel ready to go on with broadening not only my musical, but also my geographical, linguistic and intelectual horizon. haha. the end.

and the beginning of a new year.

(new years celebration)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen